Converse “Chuck Taylor” All-Stars have been a hit ever since they were first introduced in the 1920s, as one of the first purpose-built basketball shoes.Today, companies like Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas dominate the world of basketball shoes – but Chuck Taylors, with their distinctive high-top profile and toe cap – are one of the most popular casual shoes in the world.
If you have a pair of “Chucks”, and you’re wondering how to wear them, or you’re interested in picking up your own pair, and joining the millions of others wearing this casual shoe, you’re in the right place. We’ll give you some of our top tips for wearing Chucks, for both women and men.
Wearing Converse All-Stars – Top Tips For Women
While they began as a men’s shoe, Chuck Taylors are now available for men, women, children, and even infants – and they’ve become a very popular casual shoe for women of all ages. Here are some tips on how women can wear and style All-Stars.
Keep things summery
– A white pair of Chuck Taylors is a great addition to any summer outfit. Their style and high-top design can provide you with a way to create many different looks.
Going out? Put on a sundress and a pair of high tops! Going out for a summer walk? Consider a pair of “Daisy Dukes”, and your favorite tank top, along with your pair of Chucks.
Pair with a chunky knit and tights
– Who doesn’t love pulling on a sweater and a pair of tights when the weather starts to turn chilly? Pair this outfit with a pair of Chucks for the ultimate casual-chic style.
Make use of color contrasts
– Wearing a dark outfit? Choose a pair of brightly-colored Chucks! Already got a lot of colors or patterns going on? A darker pair is a perfect choice, to help with the cohesiveness of your outfit.
Wearing Converse All-Stars – Our Tips For Guys
If you’re a guy, we’ve got some great tips on how you can take your sneaker game to the next level with Chuck Taylors.
Try Chucks with shorts or cropped chinos
– Chuck Taylors are informal, making them a perfect pair for cropped chinos or “jogger” pants, as well as shorts. This provides a fun, youthful look – pair with a t-shirt and a ballcap to complete this style!
- Wear with tailored or skinny jeans – Chuck Taylors look best when your pants taper towards them. Large, baggy jeans or pants can overwhelm the high-top look. So try to wear Chucks with your more tailored and “skinny” pants, to accentuate their unique design.
- Avoid suits and more formal pants – They’re versatile – but you should avoid wearing Converse All-Stars with suits and formal dress pants. The contrast between casual shoes and formal pants or a blazer is just too much.
Follow These Tips – And Rock Your Chucks!
Converse All-Star Chuck Taylors are popular for a reason. They’re comfortable, affordable, and versatile – and with this guide, you’ll know exactly how to wear them!